Friday, February 13, 2009

There's Something in the Air (aka it's Phil's Fault)

'Ello people.

I don't know if you guys have noticed but there is something in the air, and I don't mean an inversion (for those of you in Utah). I'm talking about something that is making my children act like hooligans, my husband to pace across the floor, and me to just feel antsy. Not to mention, runny noses, night coughing (but not in the day, peculiarly enough), and dry skin. I'm telling ya, there's something. I'd like to say it's spring, but apparently, PHIL the lame groundhog, decided there's six more weeks of winter so that's obviously out of the picture.

Speaking of good old winter-loving Phil, who decided that seeing your shadow is a sign of more winter? I've been thinking about this, which is a scary enough concept I know, and I'm perplexed. If the groundhog sees his shadow...doesn't that mean there must be some sun going on in order to cast the shadow? And if there's sun, then why doesn't that mean spring is coming? Is he just pysching us out? And why IS Phil scared of his shadow? Sounds to me like he's just a wuss, in which case, why are we listening to Phil? If Phil tells us it's spring, then we just believe him? If Phil tells us to jump off a bridge then are we all going to dash for the nearest one?

This is what I mean about something being in the air.

No comments: