Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Child Labor

So last Tuesday and Wednesday it snowed. And snowed. And snowed a little more. And I must point out that I'm considerably closer to the mountains now in our little fifteen minute move east, so we are now on "THE BENCH" (of the mountains, people) which sounds kind of sportsy but really, it means that the snow here is deeper. And I have to shovel more. And I would like to say that I have fantastic arm muscles after all the shoveling of almost 18 inches of snow that we got in 24 hours...but that would be a lie. I am a firm believer in honesty. So instead, I will exaggerate and say that I made Garrett shovel all the snow. Cuz his little three year old arms can totally handle it.




And then, when he was finished, I allowed him to make a "snowman" all by himself as a reward for working so hard. Here's Frosty (the tiny pile of snow on the right):


And today, seven measly little days later, I'm happy to report that it is 55 fabulous degrees (which still sounds kinda cold if you are one of those lucky people who do not live in extreme weather climates, and while we are on the subject can I move in??) and feels springish. Until this weekend when it's supposed to snow some more. Would all y'all please pray for rain? Rain I can handle. Rain means spring is coming. Snow means...at this point, snow means that I'm hunting down that dang groundhog and roasting him for supper. Save Phil.

2 comments:

Lois Lane said...

Um, I like rain, too, but I don't want spring to come because spring means summer and I HATE summer. Rain, but no summer. That's what I'll pray for.

That girl said...

I planted my garden yesterday.tee-hee.