Monday, December 1, 2008

UPDATES and stuff

I feel very comment-deprived since I haven't updated my blog so here is what's been happening with us. Not near as exciting as my last post, but much less expensive.

OUR VAN
Our van is fixed. YAY!! No, I did not leave the door hanging there as I drove home. Can you imagine me trying to explain that to some cop after it fell off in the middle of the street or while going over the railroad tracks? "Uh...sorry officer...I realize I have three children sitting back here with no seatbelts on and the door hanging off, but I was pretty sure we'd be good until I had to swerve to miss hitting that kid playing on the sidewalk...dang kids...I didn't mean for the door to start a fire and then make the train explode when it flew off my van..." I don't think so. Actually, I'm seriously OCD about the seatbelt thing so that would never happen, but I digress. So my dad came and saved me at the elementary school by jamming the van door back onto the van and then I drove home and we got the van door fixed. Fabulous. It mostly works and that's what we're happy about. Plus, my kids think I am super strong and that is always a bonus when the bickering starts.

THANKSGIVING
We ate. A lot.
We had dinner over at Travis' parents this year with his sister's family as well and had lots of fun joking around, eating as much as we could cram into our pieholes, and watching the kids act like hooligans as they ran all over the house until we kicked them outside. My favorite part was actually watching Megan chase their little dog, Pugsley, around and around the house saying "c'mere!" and then she would try to give him kisses as she tackled him from behind. He wasn't very appreciative but it was funny to us.

We left our camera at their house, didn't even realize it until today when Jan (his mom) emailed me, but when we get it back we actually have some pics to share. :) Hope all of you had a fantastic and filling Thanksgiving!

No comments: