Monday, December 22, 2008

We're ALIVE!

Halleluiah! We are all living and breathing and not SICK. Mostly not sick. Well, kind of not sick. All right, we still have colds and half of the family hacks their lungs out every morning (which is just sooo gross to a gagger like me); but we aren't running for the bathroom every 10 minutes, and no fevers, and with the younger half on antibiotics I have high hopes that by Christmas we will be fab-u-lous. Pretty sure that if I can't get out of this house by Thursday I am going to go crazy, so we're going to make it work or lie to everybody and say we are better just to get out. :) If I plan on seeing you on Christmas, then just pretend I never said that. We really are doing much better, and no longer contagious. Am I backtracking far enough here? Ah, screw it. Everybody's sick and we are too so whatever.

On to more happier thoughts! I feel like all I've done is play catch up on the blog lately which is not really my favorite way to go about this. Luckily, or unluckily for you, not a whole heck of alot has happened so not much to report. We are alive. We are getting ready for Christmas. I had hoped to be ready by now but with all the sickness and general laziness going on over here, I'm just not quite finished. Almost, but not quite. It would help if I had a really good idea for Travis, but I don't. Any brilliant ideas? Anything? Feel free to post thoughts on something my hubby would enjoy for Christmas. A few rules though. 1. Must be something he can open in front of the children on Christmas morning, i.e. nix the wrap yourself in a red bow idea. While he would enjoy it, and it would be considerably cheaper than just about anything but a candy cane, I do not feel the need to scar my children for life, at least until they are teenagers. 2. Must cost under $50, that's what's left of my budget for him. 3. Must be something I can buy in the next two days so no ordering something from Hong Kong or other place that won't possibly be here by Christmas unless I spend a thousand dollars in shipping. Seriously, any ideas, because I am VERY open to suggestions at this point.

I'm sure I'll think of more to write later, but for now, that's all you get. :)

3 comments:

Penny said...

Jen, I love your blog. It just makes me happy. I don't think any of my ideas would work for Travis . . . Ryan is getting a hotwheels set and some track that you hang on your door so the cars shoot off the bottom. I also bought him some Lincoln logs. Yes, he is 29.

Penny said...

Oh, also I am waiting for your entertaining shopping stories, and I'm so sorry you're all sick. I was sick over Christmas 2 years ago and it was the worst. I'm glad you're all feeling better, though. Good luck :)

Walnut said...

all suggestions that i have are from Hong Kong.



if the sheets on the bed are the bed's underwear.....what does that make us?