Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Bryson, Bryson, Birthday Boy

Holy cow my baby turned EIGHT today! Well, I guess I can't call Bryson a baby any more, but sometimes it feels like he just was one. sigh. He will be getting baptized the beginning of January, but we are already so proud of him. Bryson is a good student who truly enjoys school and learning. He can be incredibly helpful around the house (especially with Megan who adores him), and loves to be "in charge" (although sometimes too much). We love him and are so thankful to have him in our family.
Here is Bryson blowing out his candles after making his "special secret wish" which he wouldn't tell us about cuz then it won't come true. Abby says he wished for a barbie, which totally made him gag all over the cake (and we truly appreciate that), but we're guessing that he wished for a Wii. Too bad!
Bryson really enjoyed opening his presents. Among them he got a telescope/microscope combo from his Papa & Memaw (Trav's parents) which he loves cuz he is a science guy. We got him his first set of scriptures, since he's eight, with his name on them and a scripture carrier. He didn't seem quite as impressed with those as he was with the toys, but I know he'll enjoy them more in the long run. :)

This is the cake that Bryson requested. He wanted a killer whale cake (someday he plans to be working at Sea World training Shamu), and I'm the one who got to make it. I must say I'm pretty dang proud of myself. It turned out WAY better than I thought it would, and poor Shamu was the first part of the cake to be eaten. Killer whale is yummy....mmmmmmm.

4 comments:

Mills Family said...

I am impressed with your killer whale! I think I got Kara that same set of scriptures! We have a family tradition of scriptures when you turn eight. She keeps telling everyone, "I just get scriptures this year." So, funny! Did Brooke tell you the baptism is at 12:30? I heard Brother Johnson tell her on Sunday. It will be great to share that day with you and your family!

Penny :) said...

I'm glad you got your van fixed. I told a few friends your story and we just laugh and laugh. I love your pictures and WOW! Bryson is 8. Where does the time go. Justin is a big sciene buff as well. We need to get together more often. And what is wrong with Cliff is he getting old or what?

Holly said...

I love that your son wanted a killer whale cake! That's awesome! Looks like he had a great day, even if he just got scriptures! :) (I agree with you, he'll appreciate them more in the long run!)

9 of Us said...

Happy Birthday Bryson!! We are excited for your big baptism day! What a great boy you are!