Monday, March 9, 2009

The Magic Words

Do you ever ask your child/ren to say the magic words? I know that for many of you, that would be "Please" or "Thank you". But at our house, I believe in teaching my children strange, off the wall things in order to crack myself up. (As many of you know I teach my kids big words when they are little...I LOVE it) Oh, I'm a big believer in being polite, especially the please thing, cuz that drives me crazy when they just demand. However, when it comes for the magic words, this is what I've gotten my kids to say:

MOM IS AWESOME!
And then they get whatever it is they are asking for. See? Esteem booster for me, snack/activity for them. Happy smiles all around. :)

2 comments:

Holly said...

You are pretty awesome if I do say so myself Jen!!! :) I like that idea, maybe I'll steal it!

Lois Lane said...

I say this with all sorts of fondness--You're a dork. :)