Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Casper the Friendly Ghost

So....we have a ghost. And he likes to mess with the lights in our house. And I'm trying not to let it freak me out, and so I keep calling him Casper. Because Casper is a friendly ghost. Even though he's messing with our lights. And freaking me out. It's a vicious cycle.

Not so basically, this is what is happening (I already 'splained, but of course you want more details and so I shall provide them because that is what a good blog-writer does...rambles on to her public). We have one of those three-way touch lamps in our bedroom. The other night, at 1am, while we are sleeping, the light turns on. I, of course, punch Travis in the arm for "faking" his sleeping while turning on the light to irritate me, and then I turn out the light and lay back down. About 30 seconds later it happens again. He is cracking up and says it's not him. I'm trying to decide whether to beat him or laugh or just go back to sleep, when....the light that neither of us is touching...turns itself off. Then back on. Then off again. So we unplug it. And no, it didn't come back on after that (thank heavens or then I'd have to move).

Then tonight, I'm sitting here watching tv episodes on Hulu--little sidenote here cuz not only do I love sidenotes, but have you seen those Hulu commercials? they totally crack me up--and the light next to the computer keeps going brighter, then dim, then brighter, then dim. Then hangs out at it's normal wattage then starts messing around again. This lamp is not a three-way lamp. Or not supposed to be anyway. And now it is being normal because he can see that I'm writing about him (Casper, not the lamp, cuz people, this ain't the castle from Beauty & the Beast where all the inanimate objects are animate). Fun freaky times at the Oleson house!

So. Like I said. Casper. Is. Visiting. My. House. And he really should have waited to be invited, but whatever.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like he is a perfectly nice little ghost just don't send him home with Tan or Jake!! :)

Emily said...

You are a very brave soul. Casper sounds like a little pransker to me. Just keep singing the casper song whenever you get those "heebie jeebies" and want to sprint up the stairs because it's totally dark behind you. Neener Neener Neener Neener (twighlight zone music)

{Alynn} said...

I love being a member of "your public!"
As for Casper... glad he's at your house and not mine! Who you gonna call? GHOSTBUSTERS!

Penny :) said...

I would get rid of the lamp. My friend had a tv that kept turning on in the middle of the night. I'm coming to Ogden next week I'm not sure when. I would love to come and see your house. When is a good day?

That girl said...

Nuts comment right back at ya.