Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Skeeter Killer

With my lethal weapon in one hand, and my other hand outstretched, ready to grab in a possible escape, I sneak up on my prey. Quietly she rests on my wall...perhaps anticipating my every move. She doesn't realize that I'll never give up until I am rid of her and every one of her family that is hiding and residing in my home. Squatters. Thieves of the night. Bloodsuckers. Closer and closer I sneak, trying to move slowly so as not to startle the blood-sucking flyer, yet wanting to hurry before she lifts off again. Too many escapes have occured with later wounds resulting. Too many times have these devilish creatures been victorious while my family and I have suffered at their expense. Enough is enough! I vow to challenge and conquer this time and rid ourselves of the legions that have taken over our home. Finally, I make the split-second decision to strike. SMACK!! Ah ha! She has been terminated, crushed! But alas, while I was hunting, I was also being stalked, and have yet another...skeeter bite. CURSES!!

1 comment:

Mills Family said...

I hate mosquitos. Jeff and I sometimes spend an hour before bed hunting those suckers down.