Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Kid Chats/Ego Destroyers

Garrett: Is today Tuesday?
Me: Yes
Garrett: Oh, I don't have powers on Tuesday.
Me: What? What kind of powers?
Garrett: Powers powers. I don't have powers on Tuesday.
Me: Oh, well I don't have powers on Monday.
Garrett: Mom, you don't never have powers.

Me: Abby, that shirt looks cute for school.
Abby: Do you like it?
Me: Yes, you look awesome.
Abby: Oh. Maybe I'll go change my shirt.

After a crazy day last week, I decided to just make hot dogs and mac 'n cheese for dinner per the kids' request. However, the water boiled over making a big mess and then the plastic container the hot dogs were in melted in the microwave.
Bryson: Mom! What happened?
Me (very very frazzled and trying not to scream): I'm trying to make dinner! Just a second!
Bryson: Maybe you should learn how to cook.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Maybe you should learn how to cook? I love those kinds of comments from my kids.