Sunday, September 7, 2008

Hurts

My friend Carrie's dad died and had his funeral on Saturday.

The funeral was beautiful, but at the same time, it's just awful. I have been friends with Carrie since we moved across the street from her family way back when I was in 5th grade. Her mom is a very bubbly woman who is just geniunely sweet to everyone, and her dad, although more regimented, was always very kind to me. He used to just intimidate the crap out of me until I made him laugh one time by accident, just being my dorky self, and then it made it much easier to chat and laugh with him. He called me "Shadow" a lot because I'd follow Carrie around everywhere. I haven't seen him in years although I still keep in contact with Carrie of course, and the circumstances around his death are sad ones--he was battling alcoholism and I think depression as well. Unfortunately, he couldn't seem to find a way out and so took his own life.


My heart hurts.

No comments: