Monday, June 1, 2009

Underwears

I'm sitting at the computer, playing on Facebook (because for the life of me, I just can't keep myself away when I'm bored), when Meg walks in wearing:

Yup. Garrett's new soccer underwear. She found a pair downstairs in his drawer and managed to get them on, over her capris, backwards, all by her smart little self.

She refused to take them off. Ever. In fact, she is still wearing them. Just kidding, cuz that would be seriously gross as this was last Tuesday. But let me tell you, it took the bribe of a bubble bath AND a treat that night in order for her to willingly take them off and exchange them for pj's. However, what particularly cracked me up was that she kept hitching up her red shirt in order to show me "Raret's" underwear. She was incredibly proud, and aren't we all? Look, my baby is dressing herself. Perhaps not her own clothing, and backwards, and ok, wrong gender really, and to be perfectly picky not in the correct order and all, but she's dressing herself. She's a genius.
I'm totally taking this as a sign that potty training is going to be a breeze. Not that I plan on doing that any time soon, but underwear? Before two? Come on people, that's just brilliance waiting to be bragged upon.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Jen...your children are, in fact, genius'ssss' (not sure on the correct punctuation there)

Our kids should get together sometime to be their genius''s'' selves together. What fun that would be. :) Think of the changes to the world that they can make!

{Alynn} said...

I love a free spirit! This is hilarous, and just the bribe material you'll need for that first date (not that your sweet little two-year-old will ever grow up)!

Lois Lane said...

Oh, yes, that's pure genius. I would know because my nephew puts all his clothes on backward and he's darn adorable! (Well, I'm assuming that his adorableness makes him a genius?) See here: http://breckcrew.blogspot.com/2009/03/bakwards-pants.html.

Walnut said...

Meg, don't feel confused. i accidentally put my underwear on the outside of my pants at least once a week.