Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduating Kindergarten

I've just been on a blogging roll the last few days! This will be my 3rd post in as many days, and I'm pretty sure a blogging medal should be handed over. I'm all over patting myself on the back. My house may not be perfectly clean but Facebook status and blogging is up to date!!

ANYWAY. Like many of you with kindergarteners, we had a graduation program to go to. My firstborn didn't have one when he was in kindergarten. I feel slightly gyped. Ok not really. But Abby's class had a short one along with a singing program which was just cute and hilarious.

Here's Abby realizing I've pulled the camera out to take pictures.


Completely enthralled by their sweet teacher, Miss Tensmeyer.

For every song the class sang, between 3-5 of the children would get up and act out the song. Abby got to act as a rosebush (perfect for my pretty and shy girl) for a song about a puppy that sniffs a rose and gets stung by a bee on his nose. Very cute.


Again, realizing that I'm taking a picture. :)

After the singing portion, Miss Tensmeyer, that is her on the right handside in the white dress, passed out the graduation certificates. She is very petite and makes all the kindergarteners look huge. I'm not exactly a tall person by any stretch of the imagination, but she is a good five or six inches shorter than I am. She comes to just past my shoulder. I really need to hang around her more--not only is she an incredible teacher, but one of the few people on this earth older than 12 that I am taller than. FABULOUS.
So, Abby got her certificate and didn't even look at the camera. She looks like she's stalking away, but really, it was more like a graceful glide. She gets that from me, as I am amazingly graceful (just ask my family). *smirk* :) Abby also won the citizenship certificate for the top girl in her class that befriends and is kind to any and all. Yay for Abby-girl!


I can't hardly believe she's out of kindergarten and my kids are home for the summer. I love them being home--hopefully we won't all be driving each other crazy by next week. :) Next stop, FIRST GRADE!

1 comment:

Penny :) said...

Abby is so adorable how can you not love her. Jaces kindergarten class just had a program not graduation. Our kids are growing up to fast.