Sunday, May 31, 2009

Our First Pinewood Derby

I'm a little late with this one as it happend a month ago, but we couldn't leave this out as it is a fun part of scouts. Bryson and Travis built their first pinewood derby car this year and had lots of fun racing and trying to beat the other boys.

Bryson is a tad bit obsessed with killer whales (he plans to work in Sea World when he gets older, and in case you are thinking this is a passing fancy, this has been his plan since kindergarten) so that's the colors they chose for their awesome car. :)

I had never been to a Pinewood derby before, somehow missed my brother's when he was in scouts by prolly working at good old Shopko or something, but it just cracked me up to watch the boys. I don't think they really cared who won, but they loved to trashtalk about it. As did the dads which was just as funny. They just had fun racing them down, over and over and over. And my younger kids LOVED to watch.

1 comment:

laura_beez said...

And now, my Ode to the Pinewood Derby:


Just kidding. I have no sons and so may never know The Joy of the Derby, but I'm glad I get to live vicariously through your blog. What a great car!