Tuesday, May 19, 2009

MORE than kissing

Kids.

So I'm driving the kids over to Travis' work to switch off so I can go work for my dad on Friday and I'm listening to my kiddles chat in the back of the van. Their conversations generally amuse me because they seem so random. Here's one fun conversation.

Abby: I don't like kissing.

Bryson: Kissing is gross.

Garrett: Kissing is for girls.

Abby: Kissing is only if you get married. I don't want to get married cuz then I'll have to kiss a BOY.

Bryson: You can kiss your girlfriends and boyfriends too. Right mom?

Mom: Yes, when you are much much older, almost as old as me, then you can kiss your girlfriend or boyfriend.

Abby: Mom, I'm going to have a boyfriend when I'm six.

Mom: Well, you're not kissing your boyfriend when you're six or I'm talking to your boyfriend's mother.

Bryson: Married people like to kiss, huh mom.

Mom: Yes, married people usually like to kiss.

Abby: Why? That's so gross. Like when dad kisses you it make me want to throw up.

Garrett: Frowing up is gross! I don't like to frow up. Makes gagging noises.

Abby: Kissing is really gross.

Bryson: You have to kiss when you get married.

Garrett continuing to make gagging noises to sound like he's "frowing up".

Abby: Why?

Bryson: You have to kiss. And sometimes married people do more than kiss.

Mom (after narrowly missing a pedestrian walking on his own yard): What do you mean they do "more"?

Bryson: You know, they do more. They kiss...and then...

Mom (panicking): Yes??

Complete silence in the car--the first time that has happened in about a year--while they all listen.

Bryson: And then they have babies.

Mom: YUP. That's exactly what happens when you're married. What sounds good for dinner??

6 comments:

Crystal Taylor said...

Ha-ha!! That is so funny! One of those moments when you have no idea how you are going to explain that one to your kids. Good answer Bryson! That's exactly right.

Lois Lane said...

Lucky break there. . . . For now!

Emily said...

I'm just glad no innocent pedestrians were injured during this story.

And as a side note...sometimes kissing makes ME want to frow up! (I don't want any more babies.)

Mills Family said...

I love your kids! They are going to grow up and have your wonderful sense of humor! Some of my best giggles are when my girls discussed all those great topics.

That girl said...

You are a brave woman. I would have been cranking the video sound up and putting the kibosh on all conversations.

Mary Ann said...

Hee, Hee....glad someone else had to hold their breath and pray the conversation didn't turn the direction it was heading until the last possible second. Whew!