Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Top 10

Now, before I begin, I'm just telling all of you reading this (and I know that's just scores and scores of people), HA! You've been "tagged!". Do you know what that means? I didn't and apparently you can get in trouble so you better do what I say. I'm going to write a little segment here called "Top 10 Reasons Why I Love ...." (spouse, significant other, dog, whatever). Because you have read this, you are now required to do this on your own blog. If you don't, I will contact the blogger police and you are in trouble. So do it. Now. Maybe wait a few minutes and read mine first since I am putting forth the effort here. Ok, here we go.

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love My Hubby--G-rated for those of you with children
10. He always matches and sometimes, even tries to match to me. (cute)
9. Even though he doesn't like to, he will cook dinner
8. He will kill all bugs, spiders, and or other creepy, crawly things without even blinking should I or the kids ask.
7. If I wake him up in the middle of the night because of some scary dream or I heard a noise, he will check it out for me even when he thinks I'm nuts.
6. He likes to clean and will even do laundry. (doesn't always do it, but he does like to...how many of you can say that about yourself let alone your hubby?)
5. He encourages me to have as much quality "me" time as I can get while he watches the kids and sometimes even kicks me out of the house for my own good.
4. He always thinks I look good, even when I look like crap, 9 months pregnant, ankles so swollen they are mistaken for my legs (commonly known as "cankles")
3. When we were dating, he offered to wait for me if I wanted to go on a mission first or finish college before we got married. I'm not the most patient of people, so of course that didn't happen; but the offer still was one of the sweetest ever.
2. He tells me he loves me every single day, at least once, and usually more.
1. He absolutely loves and adores our kids.

Now, just cuz that was so much fun, I'm going to do one more!

Top 10 Reasons Why I Love Email
10. I don't have to call people if I don't want to
9. I love to read.
8. I can stay home, hanging out in my pjs and have meaningful, written conversations, or maybe just conversations without the meaningful stuff
7. I can "talk" with my mouth full
6. Emoticons :) (c: :p
5. If you're aren't sure what you really want to say, you can save your draft and finish it up later. No one has any idea, and you aren't rude cuz you just walked out of the room.
4. I can chat with my sister in New York, friends in Baltimore & Vermont, or brother in PA all in the same hour, without it costing me a stamp or a long distance phone call.
3. I can chat with those same people and not have them hear my yell at my kids "Leave me alone, I'm on the phone!"
2. I can delete messages from people I don't want to talk to and they have no idea. (I Promise, I never do this to any of you....)
1. Cuz it's cool.

5 comments:

Mills Family said...

You are so funny. I am seeing a whole different side of you since I started spying on your blog. You have a great sense of humor, I love it!

Holly said...

Jen what has gotten in you!?! All the sudden I check your blog and you've got like 10 new posts!!! ha ha! Love the new pictures and all the fun you've been having!

Penny said...

I just spend 45 minutes reading your blog. I haven't checked it out lately bc I didn't think you posted so much. I laughed and laughed. I also love electronically communicating. Also, I am SO much more creative when I write. When I'm talking I get nervous and have nothing interesting to say, or end up exaggerating any story I have to ridiculously unbelievable proportions. Anyway, I'll be checking in much more often lately. I always need a good laugh:). P.S. Add me to your funny e-mail list--I never get any good ones, and you guys always seem to have such funny ones.

Penny said...

I know I already commented, but I just re-read the comment you made on my blog about talents, and I keep giggling to myself about what your sister said at random times of the day. Sometimes, not so appropriate times. Anyway, thanks for a laugh.

Penny said...

Okay, okay, you're right. I am totally up for a blogging citation. I'm working on my top 10--I have a mental list. I'll try to get to it in the next day or two. I just noticed that I've left 3 comments on this entry--STALKER!! Are you afraid?