Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

The best made plans don't generally work at our house. We had planned to go to a parade that morning, but for once, we actually slept in. ahhhhhhhh....you'll hear no complaints from me there. It was hot, so we just hung around the house all day, basking in the slightly cooler breeze from our swamp cooler than the incredibly hot outside. Then, we planned to go watch the big fireworks in Clearfield or Layton, but Megan fell asleep at a fabulous 7pm instead of being my regular little nightowl (again, no complaints from me). We tried to tell our kids we would hit the Clinton Pioneer Days parade, carnival and fireworks next week, so no big deal.

Needless to say, Bryson was not very impressed and whined about "how come OUR fourth of July is going to be on the ELEVENTH of July? That's not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair..." (for those of you who have children, insert the amazing voice here that enables all one syllable words to become five, you know what I'm talking about). We felt kinda bad, and since my hubby is a pyro, Travis went and got our own fireworks to have the kids watch out in our cul-de-sac. Abby was the only one we could get to do to the sparklers. Bryson & Garrett held theirs for about 2 seconds so I couldn't even get a picture. They were much more interested in watching rather than being actively part of it. Travis also enjoyed dancing with the fireworks, just like his dad always does. :) The kids LOVE this last picture of their Dad cuz it looks like his hands and arms are on fire like the guy from the cartoon "Ben 10".

1 comment:

9 of Us said...

Wow! You have been busy blogging Jen!! I swear I just checked your blog, and nothing had been done in forever :)! It looks awesome! I so missed being with you all for the fourth, especially watching fireworks in the dark rather than in the light we have here. It was nice to be home though for the fourth and Jaron's bithday. You will have to check out my blog for our fourth activities. Miss you guys. Give everyone a big hug for me.
Darcy