Saturday, August 14, 2010

Poops & Peeters

(I know. I figured if I was gonna come back with a post after months of nothing, I'd better have a good title. Made you look, didn't it?)

Do any of you watch PBS, with or without your kids? There are some good shows. We love Curious George, Arthur, and Cyberchase. Meg could watch Word World pretty much all day with Super Why! a close second in her book.

But the show that all four of my kids watch, even Bryson, is Dinosaur Train. They love learning about dinosaurs and they LOVE all the songs. But there is one song....that quite frankly disturbs me as much as it amuses me.

Every Dinosaur Poops.

I tried to embed the video but that just didn't work. Take a second and go to the link to watch it. If your children love Dinosaur Train, well then I'm sure you've already been exposed to the joys of pooping dinosaurs. Whenever this episode airs, I have Megs & Garrett singing this song for days. DAYS!

But that is not the worst song my children sing. Ohhhh no. Another song that my children love (thanks Grandpa Felkins) is one that they learned while camping this summer. I'm sure you've heard it but tried to block it out if you are a woman. And if you are a man? Well, then I'm sure you'll be glad Grandpa decided to impart his wisdom on my kids. And please teach the same to your kids, cuz I don't want to have the only inappropriate children out there, K?

Oh, the song. You pry want to know (and by want, I mean cringing in fear) what song I'm even talking about. Here goes. "There's a skeeter on my peeter."

Yup.

WILDLY inappropriate.

And yet, strangely hilarious when you hear your children and their cousins singing it at the top of their lungs in the middle of the mountains. If you do not know the words, ask your hubby. OR, I'll just tell you. Cuz hey, if my kids can be inappropriate, so can I.

Ahem.

"There's a skeeter on my peeter, flick it off....
There's a skeeter on my peeter flick it off...
There's a skeeter on my peeter, there's a skeeter on my peeter,
There's a skeeter on my peeter, flick it off!"

Simplistic really, and yet it will provide you with miles of laughter and humiliation. Especially when your kids start singing it in the camp section of Walmart two weeks later.

You're welcome.

5 comments:

{Alynn} said...

"When a dino's gotta go, a dino's gotta go! ...I just went a minute ago!"
Classic.
I remember the first time I heard the Dino Poo song. I was in the other room, and thought to myself, "Did I just hear what I thought I heard?!?" Just when you think PBS kids is safe... LOL!

...and don't even get me started on the skeeter song. It's totally stuck in my head. Thanks.

Lois Lane said...

Oh, good times! You have GOT to post more often!!

Jenny Baker said...

Hilarious! Your dad should have taught that to all the kids this weekend. That is so great! I can't stop laughing.

laura_beez said...

I'm suddenly almost glad that I don't have a son. And I suddenly really miss your dad calling me Turkey Lips.

That girl said...

Kelly wanders around singing this now. Thanks.