Wednesday, August 27, 2008

First Day of School!!

Monday was the first day of school! YAY!! Bryson started 2nd grade and Abby in kindergarten.






I know that many parents have a difficult time with their kids starting school in the fall, and find it to be a slightly bittersweet experience. I am not one of those moms. Wanna know the song running through my head after dropping them off at school (especially since they were so excited and no one cried, not even Abby who was incredibly nervous)--it was "Freedom" by WHAM! Yup..."Freedom....freedom..." just the chorus, not the whole song. Or the song by Tom Petty "And I'm FREE!" (again, just the one line, the entire song does not apply).


I prefer to believe that the reason I am so excited for them to go back to school is because I loved school clear up until college (after starting college, eh, then not so much). Honestly though? I can't hardly wait to only have two kids with me so I can get some stuff done! Do you know how hard it is to go shopping with four kids? Especially with the oldest one not happy to be there and constantly scaring the younger kids, hiding from me, and trying to get the others to play tag in the middle of the grocery store or Walmart? Augh. And don't get me started on running errands or just plain trying to keep my livingroom from looking like a tornado has hit 100 times in the last 30 minutes. I love my kids, and when school's out for holidays and summer, I am just as excited to have them home as I was for them to start school. But for right now? I'm totally going to just relax in the blissful semi-quiet.....until 3:25pm that is. :c)

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Thanks for all your comments on the blog, it's nice to know that someone is reading. You have a beautiful family! I can relate to have the whole school thing, I only have Jannica for 2 weeks at the beginning and end of summer, but I am ready to say goodbye the night before school starts. I guess we appreciate them more when they are gone. But, in any case, thank heaven for 8 hour school days!

Penny :) said...

Jen the kids look so cute or handsome in their school clothes. I love the fashion show. I'm out voted in my house when it comes to things like that. We don't have all day kindergarten so Jace goes half a day in the afternoon. Enjoy the freedom of school!!

Holly said...

Your kids are so funny, Abby seems like my type of girl, coming up with a fall modeling extravaganza, BRILLIANT!!! Their modeling pictures are classic!

Your kids are cute cute cute in their new school clothes and I LOVE their lunch boxes...oh the good ole' days! I'm looking forward to the "freedom" song playing in the back of my head when my little sweet one starts pre-school next week. It's pre-school but at least it's freedom for 2.5 hours! :)