Thursday, January 7, 2010

Megan Gets Religious

The Sunday after Christmas our ward did another Christmas-like program (they did one the prior week as well) with lots of music and short talks. I LOVE Christmas programs. They are interesting, they move along, and with all the music it just helps the Spirit out.

A Brother visiting our ward gets up for his talk. He is tall, probably in his 40's, has dark longish hair, and a beard. We are sitting in the front row on the side because the chapel was packed with people. Megan sees our next speaker, stands up on my lap, and yells, "MOM! It's JESUS!"

The Brother (I cannot for the life of me remember his name) looks over at us and says, "Well, not quite little lady, but thanks," and proceeds on with his talk. The whole chapel is cracking up. I am shushing Megs and trying to get her to settle down but she just keeps stage-whispering, "Jesus, Mommy. JESUS. It's JESUS!" Finally I had to take her out into the foyer so everyone could listen to the speaker instead of my daughter.

While I am very happy that she is aware of Jesus, perhaps we should focus a tad more on the stories in the Bible rather than pictures, so she doesn't think every man with a beard is Jesus, don't ya think?

Good times.

3 comments:

laura_beez said...

Wow, a miracle! Or a Mormon celebrity sighting! You guys will be starting a Mormon urban legend. The Second Coming is here!

9 of Us said...

Too funny! LOVE the family pics!

Heidi said...

Love it! You need to post more often. (coming from someone who hasn't posted in months!)