Thursday, January 8, 2009

Christmas 2008

Yay for Christmas!

Christmas was lots of fun (mostly) at the Oleson house. On Christmas Eve we relaxed most of the day, being the lazy bunch we are, watched some Christmas movies that night and opened up our new pj's to sleep in. Then, while the kiddles were "sleeping," Travis and I wrapped presents like crazy people because we hadn't wrapped one darn thing beforehand. Yup, I know. No need to explain how I could do it ahead of time. If you know me at all, you know that I am the Queen of Procrastination so don't even bother, you'll just be wasting your breath. I can't help myself...it's a sickness.

Anyway.

Christmas morning was a bit of a blur to me because I got sick during the night before with a fabulous influenza-type thing which made me want to crawl into a hole and die. That being said, the morning was still fun. :) The kids loved opening up all their presents and Santa did an excellent job this year. One of their favorites was the Wii (Santa did good, but he did get upstaged by Grandpa & Grandma with this one) which has been played every day. Trav took the kids over to his parents for their 2nd annual Christmas morning breakfast and to open more presents! They got the CUTEST church clothes (see pic on the side), as well as fleece blankets, books, and games. So by the time all the present were opened and home, it totally looked like Toys 'R Us threw up in our living room just like it does every year. The kids had a ball!

Due to our sickliness (because once I was down, the evil virus started making the rounds by the afternoon) we missed out on my 2nd favorite meal of the year with the Felkins' infamous ham....sigh. Ah well. I'll see if I can convince my parents to make it again for us one of these Sundays. (Hint hint). Hope all of your Christmas' were merry and significantly healthier than ours!! And remember, only 351 more shopping days until next year. :D

8 comments:

Penny :) said...

What a bummer to get sick on christmas. It looks like the kids had fun anyways. Cliff does make a delicious ham.

Holly said...

I thought since you were all so sick before Christmas you might get a break, sorry, no such luck! Hope you're all feeling better! Fun pictures!

Mills Family said...

Cute Christmas pictures! Sorry you were sick. Your poor family has sure had more then its fair share of the sickies this season!

That girl said...

I'm glad that you could have a great Christmas in spite of the ickies. I hope your new year is getting off to a better start than the last one ended.

laura_beez said...

And I thought I was a procrastinator! We wrapped our presents about a week before Christmas, but they sat on top of the piano until Christmas Eve so that Maren and Louis wouldn't shred them. Our tree looked a little lonely there for a while. And don't you just love the flu? I find it's the best way to loose those last few pesky holiday pounds.

{Alynn} said...

351 more shopping days, huh?!? Now that was just mean! : )

I know you're missing your fix on Laura's life, but don't worry, I started a new blog. Come check us out!

Three Plus One said...

Wait a minute!!! You mean to tell me that you already celebrated Christmas 2009!?!?
You got a time machine that I don't know about...?

Josh and Rach said...

Hey just wondering if you had a copy of the talk you gave at the funeral. I really liked it and wanted a copy of it! :)