Monday, March 3, 2008

Mondays

I haven't quite decided yet, but I'm fairly certain that Mondays, whether you are a workforce or homeplace person, ought to be banned. Regardless of my day, by the end of any given Monday, I feel ready to call it a weekend again. Wanna hear about my day? Well, of course you do or you wouldn't be reading this. I have four kids (7, 4, 2, & 6 months) and naturally there are regular accidents, spills, arguments, etc. However, in the amount of time it took me to take a fast shower since my 6 month was awake and watching her mobile in her crib, I emerged feeling clean and happy, only to find that my 2 had smeared glue stick all over the sliding glass doors, bead board, and table in my kitchen. He had also used a crayon to color on my new pictures of my 6 month, and recruited my 4 to make a waterfall on the coffee table using their sand buckets and the bathroom sink downstairs.
Mind you, I know how to take an amazingly quick shower, so counting in the ten seconds of wimpering under the hot water and wishing all my children were sleeping, and an additional 2 minutes to get dressed, I was out in under six minutes. (it ain't pretty but it is what it is...luckily I buy strong soap). My kidlings had gotten me again. Sigh. Mondays.

No comments: